Media: Iran has excavated passages to many underground ballistic missile depots
Iranians have managed to clear passages to a significant number of underground ballistic missile arsenals previously attacked by the US.
This is reported by The New York Times (NYT), citing a source.
"A military official said that many of Iran's ballistic missiles were deep in underground caves and other storage facilities cut into granite rock, which are difficult for American aircraft to destroy. As a result, the US mainly bombed the passages underground, collapsing and sealing them, but without destroying the facilities themselves. Now Iran has dug out a significant number of them," the publication reports.
According to the source, Iran, despite significant losses, used the month-long ceasefire to restore access to military facilities, relocate mobile launch platforms, and change tactics.
According to Pentagon estimates, US strikes hit 13,000 targets, disabled the navy, and eliminated a number of high-ranking Armed Forces and intelligence officials. However, the NYT source noted, Iran demonstrated resilience and the ability to inflict major damage on the region and the global economy.
He emphasized that despite the killing of a number of leaders, the Iranian command managed not only to relocate many weapons to other positions but also to strengthen its conviction that Iran can resist the US by blocking the Strait of Hormuz, striking energy infrastructure in Persian Gulf countries, and attacking US aircraft.
Similar News
Trump spoke about another strike on Iran: You'll find out soon
US President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that the American military may have to strike Iran again. This was reported by Interfax. "We may have to hit them agai...